Misbehaving css layout

Rexmonster

Hi guys,

I am having a problem with a css layout. The page is meant to display four images which function as links to a gallery in a 2 x 2 configuration.

This works fine above a certain resolution, but when tested at 800x600 in IE6 the four images are forced under the left hand menu. I have tried adjusting the css but have had no success as yet. Can anyone take a look please and see if they can spot the problem.

http://www.juliarowedesigns.com/gallery/

Much obliged.

R.

Wingnut

I would have to defer to someone with more experience in that problem. I actually had it only happen one time, I fixed it be accident. Never really could figure oput wjhat caused it. But I definately hate 800x600 viewers. stuff drives me crazy especially when i like to work on my widescreen. i keep a separate computer and monitor in my office thats old school so I cancheck the layout whenever on 1024 or 800 res. I use to think my layouts were always fitting everything until the one day my client called and i thought i would never go the unchecked route again. lol

sickendeavour

I didnt find any problem with the layout at 800 x 600 resolution - what exactly is the problem you have with the way the css is rendering?

Robert Challess

Hi RM
OK, I see your problem; for me it was OK om 1280 x 1024 but four images, one above the other, at 800 x 600.
I have had this hassle once before but will gladly acceeed to anyone else who knows what they are talking about! :))
In my case I had a three column CSS layout. Left co;umn was 20%, centre 80% and right column 20%.
I had exactly your problem!
Only solution I found was to reduce centre column to, say, 75% - then everything was OK, even for very low resolution screens.
Not sure if relevant, but I was using Dreamweaver 8.
I hope this is of help, or, at least, interest.
Best regards