messagemundo

StephanieCordray

The purple drop shadow doesn't work at all in my opinion. Nor does the bolded beveled text... one or the other but not both, please.

The header is okay, I guess but I don't like how the site title blends into it. The logo is kind of cute if you get rid of the drop shadow on the text.

Neat concept. Can't think of anything I would like to send anyone that I can't say outright... I'm bad for just speaking my mind.

thunderburung

1. The bubble doesn't look nice at the header.
2. Try to make the body text align left.
3. I am not sure about this one.... Did you strecth some of the images in photo editor? (the cat and the boat), if yes, try to not strech any images next time.
4. The purple shadow beneath the navigation are weird.

overall looked fine, far better than my first website design :D

Visit as many website as you can, and.... learn learn learn!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the comments above, the text effects are not the best.
Perhaps also the concept needs to be refined.

mrp0027

cheers for the feedback so far...
Its amazingly handy to hear other peoples opinions as its too easy to become caught up in your own design....i will try and change the fonts and amend it a little.

the reason for using the fonts i used is originally i was using helvetica and it just looked so boring i wanted something that looked at the least like i hadnt typed up in word.

my aim is to make it relatively simple but not look amaturish....quite hard!

other than that im quite happy considering it took me just over a weeks worth of pottering on dreamweaver in the evenings to make the whole site.

any more comments very much appreciated :)

p.s what i really want to know is how or where doe you get cool backgrounds that are subtle and which can also be seperate to your body of text (do you have to use layers to do this??)