McCain's new VP

EmilyJames

John McCain announced his VP running mate as Alaska Governor Sarah Palin.

I guess McCain is trying to say he is the right choice for women voters by selecting a women running mate? I bet Obama is kicking himself for not choosing Hillary?

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Clearly trying to win over all of the Hilary voters.
I hope Barack Obama wins.

joe

I'm ecstatic about his VP. I believe she was what was needed for McCain to beat the crap out of Obama! McCain/Palin will be my vote in November.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
From hearing her speak, she does not seem very bright, though too early to really say, she is not in the same class as Hilary Clinton, I think it would be a joke having her as leader of the most powerful country in the world, if she had to step in for McCain. I think they put her in for the evangelical vote as well.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
And you know what the VP does?
You could probably ask any ten year old kid, and they would have a rough idea of what the vice president does.
I am not a fanatical supporter of Obama, but what Bush and his people did with Iraq, without United Nations support, was criminal in my opinion.
And she seem to be churning out the same garbage, she has already started telling lies and being called out on them.

joe

The only job of the VP listed in the constitution is to preside over the senate. (I didn't have to look at wikipedia or google it)
What Bush did in Iraq was liberate a people. What you see on TV is the spin of the "liberal" media. Ask the soldiers what people over think. They're free now, they don't have to be subjected to genocide and a nasty dictator.
Just because someone agrees with the war does not mean that they are churning out the same garbage. All democrats, including Obama voted for the war, so by that logic, Obama is churning out the same stuff as Bush.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The only job of the VP listed in the constitution is to preside over the senate. (I didn't have to look at wikipedia or google it)
What Bush did in Iraq was liberate a people. What you see on TV is the spin of the "liberal" media. Ask the soldiers what people over think. They're free now, they don't have to be subjected to genocide and a nasty dictator.
Just because someone agrees with the war does not mean that they are churning out the same garbage. All democrats, including Obama voted for the war, so by that logic, Obama is churning out the same stuff as Bush.
What Bush did in Iraq was criminal and was done to line his own filthy pockets, nothing more, it was all about the oil, nothing more. The attackers from 9/11 were not even from Iraq.