Manipulating Graphics via Photoshop CS 8/Dreamweaver 8

tomcatexodus

Hey there everyone!

Question on graphic implementation for a website.

I'm working with Dreamweaver 8, and Photoshop CS 8 to create a GUI for a site. There aren't any greatly complicated graphics, just some fancy window borders/fills.

The attached image is an example, and as you can probably see, the window object uses some blending methods. In Photoshop I used an black, outer-glow of a few pixels (4?) to add an element of depth. Now, in the image you can probably also see a watermark behind it, which would be used as the background.

My problem is, how can I have the window elements maintain their 'shadow' effect with the black glow, without having problems with the background? Is it possible to have them cast a dynamic shadow on the site? If you're not sure what I mean, please say so, cause I don't want to abandon my current methods, and I really want to see if I can resolve this.

Thanks in advance :D

Attachments

• site_example01.jpg
    site_example01.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 214

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i would try saving the window image as a transparent .png file. works much better than the transparent .gif's. still might not quite get you the desired results.

netridge

Make sure you use seperate images, like when you use the background image... have that image by itself, the slice the other images and place them in a div or table. You don want to have a large image file. I recommend using gif's or jpegs.

wavereel

if you want the text inside the box to be any length, get rid of the gradient inside of the box, also, the grid inside the box may make it hard to read the text inside of it as well. pull out the knife and make some slices, and you should be able to code it via tables very easily, check out this guys blog, he's got a great tutorial on how to do it http://technohelpnow.com

kiko_friendly

I prnt scrn sys rq the thing - on Photoshop - after tiling the background on photoshop, too. Then they should align correctly, if not, email me at [email protected] - I've made two sites like that in the past that aligned well.