managing menu hyperlink changes through CSS

dderolph

I make updates to the website of a local church. It has drop down menus on all pages. One menu contains a link to a forum within the site. I recently installed a new version of the forum software (phpBB) in a different folder/directory since the old forum is still active.

To change the links to the forum in the menu of each web page is going to consume some time. To make such changes for efficient in the future if such changes arise, can the hyperlink to the forum that is contained in the drop down menu on all the pages be changed so that the actual URL is contained in a CSS file and then updated from there instead of having to go through all pages to make the change?

I hope I'm made this clear. If not, please don't hesitate to ask for clarification.

dderolph

Look, I'm seeking a solution that won't involve a steep learning curve. I'm a little familiar with CSS but not familiar with PHP. So, the question remains as originally stated.

CaldwellYSR

Look... I gave you a really simple solution. I'm not telling you to learn php I'm telling you to learn one php function. It's really fracking simple you say <?php include('navigation.php') ?> and then you put the html for your navigation into it's own file called navigation.php. Then you put that include function from above on every page you want it on. Then when you need to make a change you edit one file and boom it's on all your pages. CSS is used for style not for content. I gave you the most widely accepted and best solution to the problem you have.

Last edited:

dderolph

OK, thanks. Youv'e clarified a point on CSS that I was wonodering about and I think you've set me on the right path regarding the menu links. I'll try the php function and see if I can get that working.