Make snow to put on a logo

canadaboy5005

Hey guys,

I'm creating a new page for my ski & board club and I'm designing the logo. I want to put little "snow pillows" on top, much like what you see on the letters of the font here: http://www.fontspace.com/david-rakowski/tone-and-debs.

I've done all my work so far in Illustrator, and I'm wondering if I should use that, Fireworks or Photoshop to do this.

Also, would I use polygons with gradients or shading? Any sort of direction would be awesome, thanks.

-Morgan

AprilMaybe

I would find a decent photo to use as a reference and just draw random shapes resembling the snow with gradients to achieve depth and shadows. I like using the pencil tool for some odd reason but you could use the pen as well. Best to do in illustrator of course in case you want to resize the logo later on to use for other applications and still retain the quality.

adamblan

Definitely go with Illy for the logo, since you'll most likely want to do patches, stickers, t-shirts, etc. for your club.
Regarding gradient vs. shading, I say neither. The font you linked to is 2 color vector & will be easily portable to print designs - adding gradients & shading to logos is generally not a good idea\

hth - adam

canadaboy5005

Thanks a lot, I went ahead and used Ai and I'll try out the pencil and whatnot. I don't know why, but for some reason I though I should use Fireworks instead. Well now I know!

sarachee

Hello,

I think you should check any site that have such kind of designing or find any expert logo designer, to solve your problem.

Regards

wetgravy

dude, the font you linked to was designed in vector. stay with illustrator, don't go crazy with something simple like that.

Geodun1

I would find a decent photo to use as a reference and just draw random shapes resembling the snow with gradients to achieve depth and shadows. I like using the pencil tool for some odd reason but you could use the pen as well. Best to do in illustrator of course in case you want to resize the logo later on to use for other applications and still retain the quality.

I'll have to agree with April here.