Maintaining the page formatting

Peak Times

I am a self taught (1st timer) frontpage user and have put together what I believe to be a fairly presentable site. At the moment I have not published it as I am in the final tweaking stages, but have come across an issue that I cannot resolve.

The problem is that when showing my site for others to review using a CD, the formatting of the pages goes astray when their veiwing settings explorer are different to mine.

For example when another PC is using a larger text size as the default in explorer the layout of the page being viewed changes and text no longer sits within its defined area (sometimes falling behind an image for example)

My page design is based on simple table layout with layers to insert certain images and text.

Are there any settings that can be applied to ensure formatting remains fixed irrespective of the viewing PC's setting?

Many thanks,

Mike

SiteExpress

Peak TImes,

A couple of things that you can do.

1. Use percentages in your table structure layout
2. Using a Style CSS to define your text size to a percentage.

CSS is really simple, and especially if you are only using it for font sizes. You can set the font size to be anything, but in your case, you would set it to be 100%

100% font size will always appear to the viewer as 100% of what their "normal" text size is on their browser.

The style would look something like this.

.text { font-size:100%; }

here is a good site to learn a little about css. http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

Also, Frontpage has a built in Style feature. Depending on the version you are using, you can assign styles to different aspects of your code.