LooseWirez.com

str0ngh01d

I want you guys to check out my site. I am closing it due to high maintenance costs. I wasn't making enough money to cover all the costs it takes to run it. But I wanted to see what you guys think about it, before they close it. Thanks.

www.LooseWirez.com

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am curious as to why it says "grand opening" if your fixing to shut it down.

the site pretty much looks like a default shopping cart theme/layout to me. nothing wrong with that, but it's nothing that really stands out and makes me want to look around the store as their are thousands just like it across the web.

StephanieCordray

It usually does in the beginning. Sometimes you have to think of things like that in long term goals rather than short term gains. Perhaps there's a way you can cut operating costs without loss of quality. It might be something worth looking into.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
commonly small businesses just barely break even in the first 12 months, sometimes longer. especially on the web, being that the rule "build it and they will come" does not apply. it takes a lot of time and work to build a successful online business.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldnt buy from a site like that.
It doesnt look professional enough, the image is not the best, and not enough information is provided. Then you have to ask yourself, how does your pricing compare with what else is available on the internet?

moonfish

Re your web design

Hiya,

What could I do to it, to spice it up. Make it where you would want to go past the first page?

I'm inclined to agree with the other posters' about the design, it doesn't really sell your products for you.

If I were in your situation I'd go for an open source ecommerce solution like OS Commerce or Zendcart, integrate Paypal payment and choose a nice design to either implement myself or get a designer to do it for me. Aesthetics mean a lot to me, I think the more visually and texturally appealing the better the chance of keeping your potential customers interested. I wouldn't stick with the provider you have now. I'd look for reliable hosting under $10 a month.

I'd do some SEO work and include meta keywords and description, submit the site to directories and to the search engines. It has taken me about a year to start making reasonable sales through my website.

I'd look for ways to fund the project...maybe by setting up another site, rich in information content and use google adsense. Adsense pays for my web hosting and web related software.

It seems a lot harder than it actually is...

I hope I've been of help.

All the best

Rob

grayrabbit

too plain,, get oscommerce and buy a good template from template monster.. or download a torrent of about 50 of them.. good luck