Looking for reviews on Real Estate WordPress design.

DOAWebDesigns

I just recently developed a WordPress Real Estate website and looking for some feedback. It's a custom theme and using Flex IDX API for listings.
It still needs some attention SEO wise, but I'm looking for some overall feedback on design and usability.

Please leave your thoughts, thanks!

Scottsdale Real Estate Home Sales

iniedrauer

Overall the site looks good. Pretty clean, functional, solid

...The header looks like something from 1998 though. The image blend look archaic, the brown color reminds me of poop, and the title doesn't really work for me. Try going with something far cleaner and more spacious. I would base the header off a single image and make it larger. No reason you can't put a really nice header together. See: http://www.mypinnacleproperties.com

DOAWebDesigns

Thanks for the input

Overall the site looks good. Pretty clean, functional, solid

...The header looks like something from 1998 though. The image blend look archaic, the brown color reminds me of poop, and the title doesn't really work for me. Try going with something far cleaner and more spacious. I would base the header off a single image and make it larger. No reason you can't put a really nice header together. See: http://www.mypinnacleproperties.com

Unfortunately the color preference is what the customer wants. Same goes for the header, I like that 1998 Haha. I originally had a single image header and a smooth clean gradient, but they didn't want that either. I think the input is good though, I will consider the header change, but the I'm pretty sure their not going to go for ditching the ditching the brown.

Thanks for the input, feedback helps!

Some things to look at. The "Reality Executives" logo at the header seems to be in a fixed position (I didn’t look at the CSS) and when the page resizes, it floats over and blocks out the contact info on the header. The numbers in the two columns "single family..." and "condos..." seems a little smooshed (technical term there for ya). Also under sellers contact information, there is a field for Captcha, but no place to enter one or one that’s generated. Don't know if this is a feature you’re still working on or not.

DOAWebDesigns

Thank you for the feedback.

Some things to look at. The "Reality Executives" logo at the header seems to be in a fixed position (I didn’t look at the CSS) and when the page resizes, it floats over and blocks out the contact info on the header. The numbers in the two columns "single family..." and "condos..." seems a little smooshed (technical term there for ya). Also under sellers contact information, there is a field for Captcha, but no place to enter one or one that’s generated. Don't know if this is a feature you’re still working on or not.

Yes the Reality Exec logo is fixed, but I'm redesigning the header image to include it instead.

"single family..." and "condos..." seems a little smooshed"
This was a challenge and a dumb one for that matter. I'm going to jump back on it and see if I can make it look a little more constant.

As for the Captcha, good eye. I can't believe I missed that. Thanks

Overall great input once again, thank you for taking the time to look it over.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The site looks good. I think the search functionality is a bit restrictive, you should be able to manually select your price range, if any.

doug_eike

Overall, the site looks great! Here are some observations:

1. The header image looks crowded, both vertically and horizontally.

2. On the rotating blurbs about community, I would decrease the size of the titles so that all the words fit on one line.

3. The titles on your clickable images seem too small, and the fog effect is not so attractive as another form of rollover selection.

4. For the Quick Links, I would suggest adding some words: "Quick Links to Purchasing Options" or something along those lines.

5. The Main Navigation area in the far-right sidebar is impractical. No one is going to go there to navigate. It all needs to be in your menu bar or in an obvious place on the top left. I would probably put the search box at the top right corner, the navigation area on the top left, and two columns of clickable photos running down the center.

6. Putting your testimonials on a different page with a link from the menu bar would give you more room to do some of the things suggested.

The site looks fine as it is, but these are my observations. Good luck with your revisions!

MacK

Overall, I like it and it fits the need for real estate. However, the header image needs to go- it is completely far out of place. The footer with blue/white is hard on the eyes. Maybe black text or a off white color.