Looking for help to set the keyword for website!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin.luther6

Hi all,
I’m new in online business and looking for a help to give good keyword to my website so that I can get good traffic. I know the correct keyword helps in increasing the online business. If you people have any idea in this or you may have any experience that can help me in selecting the correct key word then please suggest me. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

jnjc

You never specified what type of website you want to include keywords for :)

I wouldn't stress too much about keywords. Nowadays most web crawlers don't take too much notice of them. Keywords should just be a list of words that are relevant to your site, it certainly won't have an adverse affect, but your best bet would be to start doing some research into "SEO Tactics".

HTH,
JC

DLPerry

You can use Google Adwords Keyword Tool - https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

You don't need to be an Adwords customer to use the tool. You'll just need to copy-n-paste any keywords/phrases you select.

The Keyword Tool was able to scan a url that you input and generate suggested keywords and phrases, but this feature was down a few moments ago. Maybe it'll come back, or maybe it's just local to me.

You can also type in your own text and the tool will generate suggestions based on a variety of match criteria - Broad match, by Phrase, an Exact match, or Negative.

It also gives an indication of search volume, as well as advertiser competition for each word and phrase suggested.

HTH

cohen

keyboards on my website i have like "computer" because it is related to my website, have keywords that are related to your website.

Roger

You don`t mention what your site is about. How can I suggest you suitable keywords for your website?

Peps

Banned
Hi martin.luther6!
It`s common knowledge that keywords in the title tag seem to be important for high rankings on Google, for example. It is also important that the targeted keywords are mentioned in the body tag, although the title tag seems to be more important. Websites that use the targeted keyword in the domain name often had high rankings. It might be that these sites get many inbound links with the domain name as the link text.
You have to choose some special and specific keyword or word combination. It should be unigue, to some extend.

klper

Using keywords in bold or strong tags seems to have a slight effect on the top rankings. Web pages that used the keywords in image file names often had higher rankings. The same seems to be true for keywords in image alt attributes.

Q_d

Banned
The most challenging part is creating a title that is visitor-friendly and keyword rich at the same time. Not only is the title seen by those who visit the page, but it is also clearly displayed when the page appears in the search results.

Titles that are simply collections of keywords in bizarre order can get you to the top of the search results. However, they also tend to keep people from clicking your listing. It's hard, but try to strike a balance between search engines and humans to get the best results.

globalseo

he is no longer here lols...but anyway, i suggest that in choosing the right keyword, don't just target a single phrase that everybody's targeting because this will take you a long process for you to rank..anyway, i suggest a long tail keyword...

globalseo

so targeting a term like web design would be bad?

web design only?actually targeting a single phrase is not that bad but take note that you have a lot of competitors and it's not advisable for a new site to target a single phrase that everybodys targeting..

web design competitors=246,000,000

do you think that you can rank as easy as that?

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
exactly, going for the high volume keywords, you are unlikely to rank in a position to ever be noticed when you are starting out. Chosing a longtail keyword that you can get on the first page of google results is sometimes better.

seoexpert

Yes, targeting a term like web design is almost impossible. You need to use more "niche" keywords like nj web design, which is still too broad, but you get the idea. When targeting web design you should try getting listed more locally on the search engines first.

aly0408

you can download a program called: good keywords
for free. you just type in your website name and it will give you suggestions for keywords to use. its pretty good for a free program.

fromthe5

web design competitors=246,000,000
do you think that you can rank as easy as that?
Yeah, and the #1 site only has 115,268 targeted text backlinks.

Chosing a longtail keyword that you can get on the first page of google results is sometimes better.
Yup. That's because longtails are most often a more targeted search. They seem to have a higher conversion rate.

Here's the free version of what I consider the best program for keyword research. http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/ Target the wrong keyword phrases and you'll see little or no relevant traffic.

Gorgy

How can we suggest something if we don't even know what your site is about?

Use natural keywords. Use the keyword "Christmas" if you run Christmas web blog, use the keyword "flowers" if you sell flowers online and etc.
Use the words you would search for if you need the services your website provides.

I would also suggest you to consider location factor. Your city name can also be one of your main keywords.

And don't forget that your keywords should be relevant to your website content.

yelleyster

Hi all,
I’m new in online business and looking for a help to give good keyword to my website so that I can get good traffic. I know the correct keyword helps in increasing the online business. If you people have any idea in this or you may have any experience that can help me in selecting the correct key word then please suggest me. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!!!

I think its sorta funny you have so many replied but yet you never said what kind of business your into.

Get back to us!

superaff

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!!!!

Hi Martin,

Try using SpyFu, it will help you spy on the competition for a particular keyword and which keywords to use. Also, one good tool is the Google Keyword Tool. Hope this helps.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.