Looking for File Sharing on my Web space

FlatOverCrest

Hello all. Completely new here.

What I am looking for some help on is, I am working with an engineering design group and we are trying to have a single file that we can download manipulate and re-post to the group. Basically a server I believe right?

Is there a way I can set something up through my webspace where a group of 5 people can have an access name and password to access some form of joint file structure and be able to download and upload the same files.

I could of course just do this through bluehost's (my provider) ftp file manager, but I am worried about giving full access to my entire site.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you for the space and for looking.

Erik

web_design

you could install a content management system such as CMSmadesimple, then you coulduse the admin to upload files to your server via the file manager. Can also then give each user his own login details. that way you can remove a user when someone leaves etc

you could also use google apps if its a word or excel type document, then give others access

another way would be to .htaccess protect a directory then have a simple file upload script inside