Looking for feedback

Greerweb

Hi everyone. Im trying to jumpstart my freelancing business and am looking for some feedback on my main website. Greerwebsolutions.com. What would you change/add/remove?

The main problem - getting clients and standing out from all the other designers; I get a few calls but have trouble closing, and it's obvious people are just shopping around. My pricing list is new; I was hoping I wouldn't need one but will try most anything at this point. What do you guys think?

Site is built with a Wordpress bootstrap theme which I've customized to add the wrapper and to get the slider in the header. It is responsive as well..

Roddy

I don't think pricing info is appropriate unless you are trying to compete with all these bottom feeders offering a piece of crap for a hundred bucks - or less - which you are obviously not.

Everything is negotiable - or should be. Even hourly rates are not carved in stone since you should be charging more per hour for a few hours work than you would for a 100 hours.

You can't compete with all the crappy "paint by numbers" type websites that are out there so don't bother to try. Find a niche and build a reputation in that market.

Greerweb

I don't think pricing info is appropriate unless you are trying to compete with all these bottom feeders offering a piece of crap for a hundred bucks - or less - which you are obviously not.

Everything is negotiable - or should be. Even hourly rates are not carved in stone since you should be charging more per hour for a few hours work than you would for a 100 hours.

You can't compete with all the crappy "paint by numbers" type websites that are out there so don't bother to try. Find a niche and build a reputation in that market.

Thanks for your input.. I've been back and forth about pricing and dont expect that to be a permanent fixture. Any thoughts on the overall design itself?

Roddy

The slider items whiz in very fast. I might consider slowing the transition speed and getting them to stop when the cursor is over them.

bowenac

I dislike your choice of fonts... makes it seem old outdated. But again that's just personal preference. Maybe that is the look your going for.