Look up Table

dtiffany

Hi,
I'm relatively new to web design and I'm looking to put something quite technical on my site. Basically I have a huge excel spreadsheet that lists every car and there corresponding battery. I'm looking to design a system whereby the user can pick a manufacturer then a model from 2 dropdown menus whereby one effects the options then listed in the other, the site will return the corresponding battery. What is the best way of going about this?
Thanks
Dan

smoovo

If it has “search” button, you should upload your file (excel) into your database as a table, and get the results by searching the table and providing new table results to the refreshed page with PHP.

If not, you have two options:
1. Upload your table to your database and when the select option changed you get search results by AJAX right away to the page with PHP and Javascript.
2. Upload your table to your database and when the page loads PHP function will pull the table and will order it in Javascript arrays. When the select option changed Javascript function will pull from the arrays the results.

- Enjoy. :)