logo and web design critiques!

marckd

hello everybody

this is my first topic in this forum, and I am here in the willing of learning more about design, and to improve the design quality of my most popular website

I have done some changes in my design, and I have managed to reduce the bounce rate I had from 55% to 45%, and I am really happy about it, but still not happy enough to sit back and do nothing about it, I won't be happy until I have less than 20% of bounce rate, and I hope you can help me out with this

another thing, is that I have received critiques about my logo, saying it is not good and doesn't show anything about what the site is about

the site I am talking is zycu.com, and it is in spanish and it is an entretainment site, where users can upload their humor or curious photos and videos (and more kinds of photos) and share them with everybody

this is my old and actual logo:
logogrande.jpg

and this is my new one:
logogrande.png

(the slogan here says something like "share your pictures")

I am a hard worker, but really begginer on what talks about design, so if you can help me with advices and examples of what you are saying, would be perfect to me! :)

thanks everybody for your time

Geodun1

It's a good start, but You should really consider a higher quality logo. Perhaps it's just the text, but it seems really jagged on the edges. In the world of Web 2.0 it's smart to keep to a lightly rounded design, and although the basis for that is there, the stroke comes off as rough.

Geodun1

I guess it's a start, but I don't like the smiley face on the !. Work off from the first one in my opinion. Keep going with it, see what you get. I like the text from the second one though, now that I'm comparing it.

AprilMaybe

Holy hugeness batman! lol Have you thought about a less bubbly looking font for the zycu text? Might look better without the happy face on your exclamation point.

adamblan

Why not create a mark separate from the "zycu"? That would make more sense than trying to turn your type into a happy face.

Bronzy

Nice logo and good start.Practice and Practice and you can become a good graphic designer.You can easily use this software and improve your efficiency .Basic skill required HTML, JavaScript, Java Applets, Front Page, Dream weaver, HTML, PhotoShop, Flash, Fireworks, ASP and JavaScript.

pingeyeg

yeah, I'm not big on the bubbly letters myself. Try going at a completely different approach... Possibly more modern maybe?