Log-in registration question

jcb08j

Hey I'm pretty new around here but I'm creating a website for my student organization that's going to have a log-in for members only. However, I don't want anyone who registers to be able to create a log-in username and pass as there's going to be private information within the members section. I have a list of all e-mail addresses of members within the organization so I was wondering if I could incorporate that database in the code so that only people whose e-mail is on the database can register and log-in. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks.

CaldwellYSR

Just don't make the registration script public. You handle all the registration information, get all of your users set up with a standard password and then let them change their password when the log in. Then all you need is a login script and not a registration script.

DOAWebDesigns

Create a function.

Hey I'm pretty new around here but I'm creating a website for my student organization that's going to have a log-in for members only. However, I don't want anyone who registers to be able to create a log-in username and pass as there's going to be private information within the members section. I have a list of all e-mail addresses of members within the organization so I was wondering if I could incorporate that database in the code so that only people whose e-mail is on the database can register and log-in. Any ideas on how to do that?

Thanks.

You can create a function for a user to first input their email that query and check if the email exsist. Then if it the email exsist after checking, redirect to them to register. Now on top of the register you can even check for duplicate entries.