Linking a js file

nickmcgraw

Hey guys, I figured out that layout problem. I'm going to use masonry after all.

However, a new problem has arisen. This seems even more noob than my problem before. I can't seem to link my js files into my html document.

Up top, beside HTML I have styles.css and jquery-1.7.1.min.js and jquery.min.masonry.js

but when i go into one of those js files, there's nothing there. The page is blank. Up top it says "this isn't on the local disk. Get." So i click on Get, and then it says, "this doesn't exist on the remote server." This is crap, because I can see it in my root folder, along with my index and about page and all my images. If I can see the files, are they not considered linked already?!

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
Firstly id suggest folders for your project, html in the root directory, within that a folder for css, js and images. If you can see them open them, is there anything going on, do they indeed exist, or are they corrupted. If good, remove the previous script link in your head relink, if in dreamweaver im sure its even got an almost dummyproof step by step way of adding a script, although I cant say ive ever used it. Same with your css if your having the same issue.