Link exchange FAQ's

3dmagicaldesign

- Are inbound links still important?
Yes - and the more closely related the better.
- Do I still link out to quality sites that don't link back or should I delete their links?
Keep your links - think about your users rather than the engines.
- Do I use any "no follow" rules on outbound links?
I never use them.
- Will having target = _blank on outbound links be regarded as bad by google?
Why not? Unsure of the significance of this one.
- Are directory links worth having?
Yes, definitely.

fromthe5

Will having target = _blank on outbound links be regarded as bad by google?
No. It will just open another page for the link destination.

Are directory links worth having?
Although it looks like directory links have been devalued by Google, they will still help. Just not as much as they used to.

fromthe5

Sure they still help. Just not as much as they used to. I said that they were "devalued" not disregarded.

saluha

Link building of course important ..
we must get link as much as we can. Because with get a lot of link, probability we get good traffic, its possible.

mrandrei

When doing link exchanges, you should consider the site reputation you're linking with. It should be relevant to the site you're optimizing.

workaholic

no idea about the directories, since most of them are just collection of links and
one duplicates of the others. However, I will recommend to submit some high quality link directories such as dmoz, botw.org, gimpsy, joeant etc. They are better than some cheap and free directories. To me most of them are pretty useless. This is my opinion only, as I am not sure how Google values them nowadays.

LisaRole

I think link exchange is the best help we can get in increasing PR and also the fastest one when all are related and most are one way.

I still believe in link exchange and I don't think it will be useless one day at all.

Amit

Hello,

Links to high quality sites which have similar content to your site is most important for increasing PR.

yelleyster

I just signed up to link referral the other day, i know that its different. But it has somewhat the same premise but you can apparently make money from it. i don't know if linkexchange is similar