link bomb?

Ar3d

hi.. everyone here! does anyone here familiar in link bomb? how it does happen and what was the advantage and disadvantage of this? thanks in advance..

Revenant

Re:

I'm going to assume its a means of reciprocal linkage to an irrational extent.

But reciprocal linkage is slowly fading away from the trend that search engine spiders are picking up so don't believe its the best thing in the world.

Links from high page strength websites though, always a big up if relevant.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
wikipedia said:
A Google bomb (also referred to as a 'link bomb') is Internet slang for a certain kind of attempt to influence the ranking of a given page in results returned by the Google search engine, often with humorous or political intentions.[1] Because of the way that Google's algorithm works, a page will be ranked higher if the sites that link to that page use consistent anchor text. A Google bomb is created if a large number of sites link to the page in this manner. Google bomb is used both as a verb and a noun. The phrase "Google bombing" was introduced to the New Oxford American Dictionary in May 2005.[2] Google bombing is closely related to spamdexing, the practice of deliberately modifying HTML pages to increase the chance of their being placed close to the beginning of search engine results, or to influence the category to which the page is assigned in a misleading or dishonest manner.
taken from wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Link_bomb

hope that helps.

kiko_friendly

Google bombing is for BAD, BAD people; those that want to feel very proud of their PR6, that they achieved by annoying the hardworkers. :k

My site is PR3 and I get a LOT of people spamming my blog with annoying links. I love deleting them.

I think this is what people are talking about, but I am brand new to SEO! I'm shocked at myself. I never knew about SEO until about a month ago...