Libya problems - transfer DNS hosting?

Brillig

I have an .ly domain for my website, and due to the current unrest, one of the major registration services there (Libyan Spider) is down.

I registered there and they are also my DNS in the registration.

I'm assuming even if I find new name servers, I wouldn't be able to update my registration anyway to point to new name servers, right?

Can anyone think of any way around this? Obviously, all website requests and emails are failing due to name resolution.

Brillig

are you saying that you have no access whatsoever to manage the domain?

Luckily it's over now, but for discussion, yes. The registrar itself was down so there was no way to manage the domain directly.

Eventually I did get in email contact with them and they were going to update my name servers manually but right around then they got up again.

I've had sites down before, but never due to a war. Crazy.

mhack122

I have an .ly domain for my website, and due to the current unrest, one of the major registration services there (Libyan Spider) is down.

I registered there and they are also my DNS in the registration.

I'm assuming even if I find new name servers, I wouldn't be able to update my registration anyway to point to new name servers, right?

Can anyone think of any way around this? Obviously, all website requests and emails are failing due to name resolution.

you mean you have no access to that server?:)