Let me know what you think

Edge

Clean approach but here's some constructive tips:
- use correct alt attributes on images e.g. the image 'email us for a quote today' shouldn't have alt text 'architectural visualisation prices'
- don't use tables for layout
- try to make your html semantic e.g. put your main menu into an html list (<ul> <li> etc), use html heading elements for headings e.g. h1, h2 etc; apart from anything it's good for SEO
- under email us for a quote today there is so much space (FF) I can fill my whole screen with blank space
- try to avoid centering chunks of text. Looks naff and people read in an F shape pattern so it's slightly harder for them.

Last edited:

Brew

Why use so much vertical space when you can fit all the current information above the fold? And what sdesign1 said.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
sdesign1 is on the money.

it looks to me like 10 min in dw design view.
sorry but a facts a fact. thats what I see.

taty

The only thing I would change about it is to move the nav menu over to the right more. Other than that I like the site and the colors. It's to the point and not cluttered. text size is good for the site color and loads fast here. I wouldn't worry about using tables either on a site like yours, they still work and 1000's of designers are still using them and will continue to use them.

I also like the idea of opening your photos in a new page, we have 100's of image sites we maintain that do the exact same thing. Our clients tell us their clients tell them they like that much better than the lightbox effect.

Last edited:

d a v e

"I wouldn't worry about using tables either on a site like yours, they still work and 1000's of designers are still using them and will continue to use them."
you should be worried about using tables for layout - all the real designers stopped using them years ago. there simply is no excuse to still use tables for layout

your logo should be an 8-bit png, not a jpeg
text needs more line height

the AAAI image is too small - no idea what it is

favicon

like the colours

images for navigation? plain text please styled with css ( do you use jpeg for everything?)

nice visuals but your coding is shit ;)

taty

" nice visuals but your coding is shit ;)

This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read on a forum. You must be nothing more than a wanna be think you are punk obsessed amateur coder.
People look for encouragement not to be slandered. It's arrogant punks like you that keep decent people from coming to forums to learn and ask questions.

Shame on you punk!

Last edited:

d a v e

This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read on a forum. You must be nothing more than a wanna be think you are punk obsessed amateur coder.
People look for encouragement not to be slandered.

Shame on you punk!

well i'm no lawyer but i always thought slander was when you said something patently untrue about someone. not the case here ;)

encouragement is fine but when someone is lazy enough to simply open DW and not even know what they are doing then they shouldn't be making sites for other people, imo. i call a spade a spade. ignoring the fact that their code is shit is not doing them any favours.
saying it's ok to code in tables for layout is about 10 years out of date and not helpful either.

have a look at my posts on this forum, have a look at my portfolio http://gekkoweb.com/portfolio/ (sorry but it's mostly in Finnish - that's where i live now) and then think about whether you're justified in calling me "punk obsessed amateur coder" :)

people look for criticism, if they want to look for blind encouragement they'd be better of visiting the "like" only button places like facebook.

As well as calling a spade a spade (or shit code, shit code) i also offered some suggestions to improve the site but i make no apologies for calling it as i see it.

lol i've never been called a punk before :)
i did think of a few terms of endearment for your particularly misleading, unhelpful comment "I wouldn't worry about using tables either" but i think you might be too sensitive to mention them ;)