Learning to design..

Kolyn_Kryw

Hi,

I am learning HTML basics and want to learn php and My sql in the future.

Just wondering what exactly is the right way to learn web-designing? Is it necessary to learn XHTML, XML or ASP to be a good web designer?

I am using w3school tutorials right now.

Regards,

K_K

web67

yes, ofcourse man! its necessary to get over xhtml and css atleast before u move on to php

its better to know simple javascript too

the more u put sugar in it, the more sweeter it is

==== and w3schools tutorials are fine for knowing basics of language

Last edited:

thrive

Hi,

I am learning HTML basics and want to learn php and My sql in the future.

Just wondering what exactly is the right way to learn web-designing? Is it necessary to learn XHTML, XML or ASP to be a good web designer?

I am using w3school tutorials right now.

Regards,

K_K

First thing to understand is flexibility. You can't be a fanboy of any one technology. As jobs change, so will your requirements. Don't learn just php, but the concept behind it. Understand OO programming so when you have to switch to Jsp, asp, .net, cfm, etc it's easier for you.

Also understand that your html and css creations will look different on different browsers and operating systems. ie on the mac (yes it's still out there) renders a page completely different from ie on a pc. Firefox and different versions of ie should be used when testing your site.

Healthy

Don't learn just php, but the concept behind it.

This is good advice. Once you understand basic programming logic, it is fairly easy to pick up new languages. You will have a major advantage in this industry if you have a sturdy understanding of both the design and the programming side of things.

fabio

HTML is basic language for web design,you should learn HTML first,php is server side language,it's use to create daynamic web page,MySQL is a database management system,you should also learn XHTML,XML,ASP