Layer problem - Logo

Steve99

Hi,

I downloaded a template Website. Now, I need to change one of the Picture, whrere you can see "Company name".
This file is a GIF file... Apparently, there is nothing ( if you edit as a Layer ) nothing called 'Text'

1)Unless I missed something, I cannot modify this GIF file - Correct !?!?

2) Now, I saw that my folder contents, a PSD file.. But the PSD file is an image of the complete website. I can erase the "company name " written, BUT what I want is to create a GIF file WITH the another nameon the picture, which display the comapny name.

What is the procedeure for that ?

Can I edit a GIF file ? or should I modify the PSD file ?!

Thanks for your help, for a very beginner :-(

Thanks -Steve99

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
You will have to work with the PSD file. After you have made your changes switch to ImageReady. The paths for the image slices should already be their, so you just need to save the slice with the logo on it.

Steve99

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, but the PSD file is not just the "picture" where I have to change the logo... the is a a "picture" of the complete website !??!

This PSD is placed at the root of the web
But if you edit the HTML page with your web browser, it shows that the GIF file used, is <Root> /image/top_lgo.gif

how can I get a GIF file on / image/ folder from this PSD, whcih is the COMPLETE Web ??

Thanks

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your .gif files were created from the PSD file. The PSD file is supplied to allow you to go in and make changes as you see fit.

ImageReady is part of Photoshop and it is commenly used to splice the PSD image into small bits for the web.

Saving for the web is as simple as File > "Save for the web" in Photoshop. This will bring up a menu allowing you to select the desired format.

It's kind of hard to explain the entire process of what all you need to do without you having any prior knowledge of Photoshop.