Launched a new design gallery

lolkaykay

This belongs in the Website Reviews section but I'm sure somebody will move it.

I like that you keep things simple, but I think you need more whitespace in between the design thumbnails. The header/top portion of your site is really bare but then it looks like you're cramming as many designs as you can into the website right below the header.

Maybe you can make the thumbnails a little bigger and use four per row instead of five. Then you can increase the spacing between rows too. This will give the elements some breathing room.

Hope that helps!

LouTheDesigner

Although, as said above, this belongs in the Website Reviews section, I'll add my 2 or 3 cents..

It's simplistic to a perfect degree. The thumbnails are a bit more than the regular thumbnails we always see. I can roll over them and see some information about them. This is a lot better than a lot of thumbnail galleries that I see where the thumbnails leave you completely in the dark, and you have to click on them just to see what's going on behind the scenes.

The "bare" navigation is just fine, but it does have 1 slight downfall.. It's just a tad too small. I like the font the way it is, but older people may not -- they may want it 1 or 2 sizes larger.

That being said, I love the background for some reason. It let's the thumbnails glow a bit.

-Lou

bcee

Great job. I like the minimalistic approach that focuses on the website thumbnails/details rather than an extravagant design.

fbhc

One thing I was trying to figure out is who is site made for? Is it your portfolio? I see at the footer a reference to a web designer, but when I go to that site, I don't see any of the same work. Or is this just a grouping of websites? It looks good, I'm just curious of the purpose.