Justmythoughts.co.uk - Where to from here?

DarJN

Yo Forumites,

I hav recently developed a flash application holding page for a client using XML and the Flash Panoramaplayer Engine.

http://www.justmythoughts.co.uk

The idea behind the site is that the regular public (us) can post any thought (keeping it clean obviously XD). Now this flash application is only meant to be holding page for the moment as the current site is being developed.

Any comment is kkl - one liners, one words answers are acceptable as long as they mean something XD.

I want to further develop the site and so research is required.

gazzieh

I don't know why but I LOVE this. Do ensure you have all protection on this because it is the type of thing that could be popular (even if only for a while).

Slightly clunky to navigate and took a little while to work out how to do things.

I assume the pictures are assigned by the system whilst the thoughts are from visitors. Maybe an intro page would help but you do not want to force people down a particular way of thinking so it would have to be VERY open.

Keep on going!

Web1

Very nice concept but actually after a few mins I felt queasy with the Flash walls rotation. Great idea about posting a thought. Add to it a rating system for 'most popular thoughts' ? simpler design, sorry I love innovation but in practice Twitter is more user friendly in design. A 'wall' with images stamped on for each thought, almost like grafitti, could be great but the 3D rotation was too much for me. Good luck!

voodish

Hey, this is a really interesting concept; love the thought of this as an iPhone app etc.

It's longevity is difficult to predict, because I too felt a little queasy after a couple of mins - great work though!