just finished my "painted" website

wetgravy

http://atomicaxe.com/

I made a painted website, digitally cleaned it up and made a full css layout.

Still have to add more to my portfolio but I'm all done, i even made my 3rd party sites (twitter, myspace, etc) reflect the style as well.

Any thoughts, suggestions, etc. would be great.

Thanks

leftcoasttech

well, from someone that knows very little about design, I think it looks great. It certainly flows, loads quickly, and has alot of great information that's easy to find. (really like your art too)

aaln

my 2 cents:

I like the painterly feel to the site. but somehow the white background should be subdued by replaceing it with a subtle color, perhaps a very light, barely perceptible, cream or yellow. Perhaps a super-subtle gradient.

wetgravy

hmm, interesting thought. i might play with a couple variations on that one later when i revise the site.

thunderator

quite cool design. i luv it!!
especially the facebook twitter logos. its brilliant idea for painting theme website!

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
my 2 cents:

I like the painterly feel to the site. but somehow the white background should be subdued by replaceing it with a subtle color, perhaps a very light, barely perceptible, cream or yellow. Perhaps a super-subtle gradient.

I agree the white background detracts from the painting type feel, i think an off white might help there. How about a slight (very subtle) texture? I think PS even has a "canvas" pattern in the pattern overlay layer style.

The text in the footer is a little difficult to read.

bret

Wow this is impressive and really beautiful. Different, too, which makes it stand out. The crimson dots behind your banner is awesome. Hey you know the only thing I would suggest is to change the white body background, and fill in with more of the green paint look you've got going at the top. I also think you should replace the white in the middle with a softer, off-white color. Perhaps a very pale green.