Joke of the day!

“How are you getting on with your football, Jack?”
“Well, Dad, pretty good. The coach said I was one of the team’s greatest drawbacks!”

add your own joke! :)

Edge

Idiot me

"No Mom, you can't uninstall a program by deleting the icon on your desktop."
Which reminds me of when, back in 2000, I had a 1GB laptop - no not 1GB RAM - 1GB of disc space - so to create more space (as I think like 1 photograph had used everything up) I started deleting all these shortcuts and then I found the programs folder - wuhey! Shortly after the laptop became unusable - not sure why...

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
"No Mom, you can't uninstall a program by deleting the icon on your desktop."
and this reminds me of my partner. she still struggles with the difference between the address bar and the google search field. and now that firefox has adopted the chrome style search in the address bar, shes even more confused. poor thing!

opensource

I just realize that my joke is full of memories from your past :)
That's good.
It's nice we can put away into jokes/Fun for mean time from our pressure works. :)

AsheSkyler

My grandfather has been toying with computers since the either the 70's or 80's. One old lady he knows isn't very computer savvy and she called him over there to fix something minor for her. He takes the taskbar, moves it from the bottom of the screen to the side, and makes it span nearly half the screen. He calls her in there asking what has gone wrong with her computer. She covers her mouth, looking horrified, and says "Oh, I don't know..."
He giggled and showed her how to put it back.

He also taught my mom a prank to pull on the teachers when computer classes first came to her school. She called a teacher over to troubleshoot her computer. One button put "ow, don't push my buttons so hard", another put "why you so mean", and so on, onto the screen. Teachers hadn't the slightest clue why Mom's computer was on the fritz.

Some of my friends ganged up on one guy. They took a screenshot of his desktop, removed his icons, and put the screenshot up. They said it took him a while to fix it.