I've got a tough question

cybergolflesson

I hired a programmer to design this site (www.book4lessons.com) but it won't open in internet explorer. My relationship with the programmer has stopped. Can anyone see from the source why this won't open. I don't even know where to start with this task.

Thanks,

smoovo

It's a Javascript issue not a web design, and it's hard to figure the problem. but, you have 2 options: Get your relationship with your programmer back on the road... :D or just hire another one that will exam your script.

I have tried my best to find it, even IE6 (that alerts when Javascript error been made) didn't work.

sacrine

I wouldn't recommend trying to patch things up with your programmer... after having a look at the site I can't work out why the hell he/she over complicated the js side. If you look at the source it looks like everything has loaded (there is no dynamic content loading script which has died half way or anything). It might be a simple problem of the function which is supposed to hide the overlay did not fire or has scripting that throws an error in IE

sacrine

After going through some of the extra included js files (which are included via JS rather than included in the header for some unknown reason) the so called System transaction seems to do nothing more than load page images... if you hide the overlay it should be fine.

try putting this into the styles somewhere
#LAMPsystemSplash { display:none !important; }

cybergolflesson

Thanks guys

Yeah, it took me almost a year and a half through a rent-a-code, coder...and this guy drove me almost crazy. It doesn't surprise me anything he has done, he was an absolute quack!! I'll try your suggestions and if I can't do it will one of you try to help me out? For a fee of course.

cybergolflesson

Awesome stuff!!

Thanks Sacrine, that line of code did certainly get me going in IE. But there is that annoying "system transaction in progress" which seems to stop some of the functionality. You said earlier this is just his way of uploading images? Is there a way to disable this command?

Thanks again,

sacrine

Try also adding into the styles as well
#LAMPsystemTransact { display:none !important; }
and see if that works

cybergolflesson

Thanks Sacrine

Making significant progress now. Still acting up a bit with IE but am certainly glad with the progression...thanks a lot. I think I'm going to try to get rid of the google map thing. I really never wanted it anyway...do you think it serves a purpose?