Is this possible?

chris2922

I currently sit behing a proxy server at work and it tells me what sites i can, and cannot visit. This stops people viewing unsuitable content, but sadly it also stops me checking forums and webmail at any point during my 9 hour stint at work. This is not good.

When i attempt to view any 'banned' site addresses i get an access denied message - which i presume is an html page stored on the server. This attempted access is then logged by the server and added to a report that is printed and distributed to the managers of the offenders. Then we all get a right bollocking. I got one today - and im not really sure why... anyway...

What i would like to do is create a website that acts as a 'portal' or 'window' for viewing other websites, without the proxy server knowing that its not the 'portal' site accessing the internet. Im pretty sure this isnt possible as a connection would have to be made to the 'banned' site in order to view it, but... I thought id check here first. You never know.

Can anyone help?

SiteExpress

I am not aware of anything like that, but....

I am wondering if it would be possible to have site, then insert some sort of frames page inside of it. You would then need a script that would block the page you are trying to access from writing past the website you have built.

I surely don't know how to do it, but if you checked around some "Programmers" forums, you may find what you are looking for.