Is This Good Enough?

zaricpp

I was designing a basic logo for my site and I have a first draft. I know it's very basic but I've heard less is more. Is it too simple?

zr.png

notarypublic

do the colors match your business's color scheme? I ask because it's important to maintain branding. Red and blue together have certain connotations (patriotism, for example), but used sparingly can have a good effect. Just like you said, less is more.

leroy30

Personally I think it's a bit toooo simple!

I would have a play around with some thicker fonts or bold it or something... and I'd have a play with that blue it just looks a bit like a childish blue than a serious blue - maybe something slightly deeper?

What's you're website's purpose?

zaricpp

Personally I think it's a bit toooo simple!

I would have a play around with some thicker fonts or bold it or something... and I'd have a play with that blue it just looks a bit like a childish blue than a serious blue - maybe something slightly deeper?

What's you're website's purpose?

Web design. I was actually thinking of using red and silver or gold, just haven't got around to updating the png yet. Still working on it

mrandrei

It's boring, to be honest with you, and I think I've seen that logo design/font before. Be more creative with. :)

BMA

Banned
Not enough meat there. Were you planning to juxtapose the company name with the logo? If so, doing that well may make the logo well.

I'm wondering if that would look better if you made a burgandy square adjacent to a blue square and put the letters in there in white. Then playing with some gradient effects could give you a nice, modern logo. A curved, reflective gradient might do the trick.