Is my forum a bit TOO minimalist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shovenose

Banned
So, I started a new forum, Web Hosting Chatter.
I've been waiting for that damn domain to expire for several months, I finally was able to snatch it up a couple days ago.
I'm running the default theme for Vanilla forums, the open source forum script I'm using.
I like it a lot so far. I like the clean look of the forum, I'm certainly going to do some customization, but what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd put the sidebar on the left and make the forums much more visible.
but thats just me
:)

shovenose

Banned
I'd be curious to know why you would prefer it on the left. Not saying you're wrong, but I'm just trying to imagine it on the left but can't :)

Edge

Putting sidebars on left just leverages convention - wouldn't worry too much about being minimalist - it's the activity that counts and quality of debate.

Lizyd Design

2vujaz5.jpg

I like left

shovenose

Banned
Sorry, I've been too busy to work on it. Also the registration form is broken. I will add more discussions when I have time!!

shovenose

Banned
Whoops. I had moved the site from server20 to server42 but never updated the DNS records at CloudFlare.
It should be fixed now.
Sorry about that!

Pro

For those who have tried to view the website before the DNS change, it might be best to clear your browser history as it is online now.

For the most part, it looks good. Its definitely different than your standard forum. What type of software are you using?

leroy30

there is an awful lot of white space below the discussions... maybe put pictures there or something?

I disagree. Leave it as whitespace. Putting pictures there will make it look dumb, crowded and distract you frome browsing the threads which is what you really want to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.