Important elements that should be kept in mind while developing an e-commerce website?

asad-gg

Hello everyone,
I've been trying to reach a very good web design agency and trying to contract out my ecommerce store's development to them. It's a web design Bahrain agency, they are Very expert into this stuff. I might having some lack of knowledge into this stuff, so i need tips from you designers to help me in getting conversion. It will be very wonderful in making requirement list accordingly.

Last edited:

uaxelabs

When developing or restructuring your e-commerce site, remember the following:

Mobile Compatibility​

The goal of an electronic commerce website is to provide a consistent browsing and purchasing experience across a variety of devices. Smartphones account for 80% of all online adults. Mobile traffic outnumbers desktop traffic."

Images and Descriptions​

Before making a purchase, people want to know as much information about a product as possible. As shopping online cannot physically show or touch things, it is crucial to use professional quality images and photos from different angles and perspectives to provide customers with as much information as possible. It is also essential to provide thorough product descriptions. Because people can't see items for themselves, they must have confidence in their understanding of the item before buying it.

User Friendly​

The homepage of a successful e-commerce store should be easy to navigate, encouraging visitors to click on items or categories they are interested in purchasing. Visitors should be encouraged to click on products or things they are interested in purchasing. The homepage should be simple to use and have subcategories so visitors can quickly find what they are looking for.

Shopping Cart and Checkout Process​

Your shopping cart should be simple and attractive. Make sure your color and style options are readily visible and accessible so that customers can decide quickly. Make it simple for customers to finish their purchases while they are still online, and ensure your website design and functionality work together.

Calls to Action (CTA)​

Many people think the web is so apparent that it shouldn't require any explanation. However, there are still a lot of people who don't spend much time on the web. Make sure to use clear calls to action to guide your customers through your site. For example, you might use the CTA "Click Here to Save 10%!" to increase confidence in your business, demonstrate that you care about your customers, and make things less annoying. Never make your customers feel stupid if they are visiting your website. They should be sufficiently intelligent to purchase from the best company if they are interested in your merchandise.

Customer Support​

Any business must guarantee reliable customer service. To guarantee customer satisfaction, it is essential to provide several different types of customer service, such as 800 numbers, email support, and online chat. To prevent your customers from getting upset, always be friendly and fast when addressing any issues.

Security and Privacy​

In addition to being secure, you should also have an SSL certificate installed to encrypt data going and coming to the browser. Every website, e-commerce site or not, should have one. Also, ensure your website's privacy policy is transparent so that your customers know how their data is utilized.