IMAGE NOT WORKING!!! What to do?

Ryuslayer

hey, new here, as one can see...^^

I have a question.
My under construction website:
www.cintaarts.110mb.com

Is supposed to have a working splash image. Yes, it's uploaded.
Yes, the location of the image is correct on the page. YES it's index.html...
NO. It's not showing.
It used to work, until I took the image down and re-uploaded it now.
Does anyone here seem to know the problem?

Appreciate your help.

The Lion

Upload the Image One More Time...

First off, try uploading the splash image to your server one more time. I ran a test of my own and it simply doesn't seem to be there. If your using an 'ftp' program to upload the image, make sure that you 1) delete the copy that you have on the server, then 2) upload the new copy by first moving it into your temporary queue and then onto the server.

Sometimes with 'ftp' programs, if your settings are left to default, uploading files will not write over existing files where the date and time of the uploading file is close to the file to be overwritten. Also, putting your image into queue will allow the image to upload in pieces, which is normal for transferring data, rather than trying to pass the image in one push. Some 'ftp' programs will simply quit the upload on the first hiccup in the transfer, leaving you with only part of the file on the server, which will then not show up when called, as it appears your image is doing right now. An easy way to see if this is happening is to look at the size of the file on the server. Is it the same as the original on your computer? If not, use your temporary queue to make the transfer. You can fiddle with the 'ftp' settings latter, but at least your image will be up.

Secondly, if you're writing the code by hand, stagger the lines of your code by using the open and close of tags as break points. If you're using some kind of program that writes the HTML for you, then I understand. But your coding is a little tough to read laid out all in a single line. As your page becomes more complex, it will be hard for people to help you because they won't want to look through the one line of a large page to find the problem.

Finess is everything...

Good luck,
The Lion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryuslayer

First off, try uploading the splash image to your server one more time. I ran a test of my own and it simply doesn't seem to be there. If your using an 'ftp' program to upload the image, make sure that you 1) delete the copy that you have on the server, then 2) upload the new copy by first moving it into your temporary queue and then onto the server.

Sometimes with 'ftp' programs, if your settings are left to default, uploading files will not write over existing files where the date and time of the uploading file is close to the file to be overwritten. Also, putting your image into queue will allow the image to upload in pieces, which is normal for transferring data, rather than trying to pass the image in one push. Some 'ftp' programs will simply quit the upload on the first hiccup in the transfer, leaving you with only part of the file on the server, which will then not show up when called, as it appears your image is doing right now. An easy way to see if this is happening is to look at the size of the file on the server. Is it the same as the original on your computer? If not, use your temporary queue to make the transfer. You can fiddle with the 'ftp' settings latter, but at least your image will be up.

Secondly, if you're writing the code by hand, stagger the lines of your code by using the open and close of tags as break points. If you're using some kind of program that writes the HTML for you, then I understand. But your coding is a little tough to read laid out all in a single line. As your page becomes more complex, it will be hard for people to help you because they won't want to look through the one line of a large page to find the problem.

Finess is everything...

Good luck,
The Lion.

Join my free online business directory. It's first-come, first-served for priority listings.

Thank you very much, I'll heed your advice.
Sadly, I already tried the 'taking off and reloading' a couple of times, also tried deleting and re-uploading the whole page. It still won't work. :(

bermuda

Sometimes, the internet cache on browsers and the ISP servers do not refresh immediately. Try visiting your pages with the browser's cache and cookies cleared and you will see the changes.

Last edited: