i'm new and need help.

llanders

i have a friend who owns a art gallery and recently asked me to help her design a web site. She has a domain name and a web host set up already. I have some experience with various photo editing software and i have used dream weaver a few times but i don't own a copy. I would like to create a web site with as little money as possible because i have a whole twentyish bucks to spend. If someone could point me in the right direction to get started that would be great.
I think if i could get started i can pick up the rest but i don't know what to do first.

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
llanders,

What type of site are you trying to build? a portfolio site? just going to display photos?

If you know nothing about building a site or if you just need to brush up some skills I would consult W3 Schools.

Be sure to take advantage of CSS when building the site, again consult W3 on this topic.

When you feel ready to start, and if you can work quickly...go to adobe and download the trial version of Photoshop CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4. That will be all you need (aside from the know how) to build the website. They are limited to 30 days though.

codeguardian

Hand Code

You can code a Site by hand with notepad if you can not pay for software and just use the image software you have to have the images. Other then that coffee cup software is free or free for trile if you want to go with software.

llanders

She wants to be able to have a forum section, be able to post photos and sell stuff. I've downloaded kompozer and started reading several tutorials. I was wandering how long it takes to design a website that could do all that from start to finish?

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you feel ready to start, and if you can work quickly...go to adobe and download the trial version of Photoshop CS4 and Dreamweaver CS4. That will be all you need (aside from the know how) to build the website. They are limited to 30 days though.

well said....oh wait i said that.