I'm Looking For A Particular Nav Menu, Can't Find One. Link Welcome !

MartyBoi

Hi !

I am looking for a Particular Nav Menu, something that looks like the one I posted below. It's not exactly what it is I'm looking for, but it's like 95% of the idea. I just can't seem to find any that is along the line of what it is I'm looking for. I can create Nav Menus, that's not the issue. The issue is I don't have much experience with one like the one following this post.

So please, if anyone can send me in the right direction or perhaps share a link to a reference of some sort that would be awesome.

Note about image: I had blacked out parts of the Menu, this for obvious reasons. The menu sits plum right under the header. It's not within the header, so it's right below.

Attachments

• 2013-02-18_1408.jpg
    2013-02-18_1408.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 27

notarypublic

Actually.. the reasons don't seem so obvious. Why would it matter for us to know where you're looking at to find this menu? Unless it's some kind of questionable site? ;)

That said, this is a great opportunity to learn for you. Depending on your web browser of choice, there are tools that let you 'inspect the element' and let you see the HTML and CSS that was used to build a part of a website that you like. I use FireFox, so FireBug is a tool I use fairly often.

Check this video tutorial out for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KdNRZS-uSg

EDIT:
I really would recommend that you post a link (if appropriate) to the site in question - for all we know, they could be using some horrendously old and backwards method of building it - there's no sense in learning the way someone else is doing it if they're doing it wrong to begin with.

Last edited:

MartyBoi

Actually.. the reasons don't seem so obvious. Why would it matter for us to know where you're looking at to find this menu? Unless it's some kind of questionable site? ;)

That said, this is a great opportunity to learn for you. Depending on your web browser of choice, there are tools that let you 'inspect the element' and let you see the HTML and CSS that was used to build a part of a website that you like. I use FireFox, so FireBug is a tool I use fairly often.

Check this video tutorial out for more info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KdNRZS-uSg

Thank you....

I know how to use Fire Bug, it's just that I am looking for more examples I guess. Other sites that have menus like this one.

Perhaps if someone can tell me the Tech Term, that's if there is one , for such a Menu Like this.