Idea/topic for websites

Artoonie

I love making websites but I don't have any ideas on what to make a site on.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to make a site on?

I've got a few for other people to use:
  • Cool computer stuff and where to buy-people could look at it to see where to get good deals on good computer equipment
  • ASCII Art-Art using text
  • Myspace layouts (overused, I know)
  • Homework help-forum where students can ask eachother for help on school-related stuff, and just chat
  • If you hate your boss...-Send in hate anonymous hate letters to your boss or co-worker to be posted on the website. No threats. (Steal off of insultthepresident.com)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
My advice is to do what you are interested in, and you should do well.
Although I sometimes dont follow my own advice.

Rapid Web Design

Would be good to come up with an idea that we work on online and make it huge!!! i have beein tring for months to think of a site that people need and want! its so hard and when you research the idea its alreday taken! and some is getting rich from it!

Any ideas that are good i am willing to pictch in my knowlege! PHP, mysql Data base, asp, flash, java! GFX Designer

Artoonie

Alright, Ian.

Rapid Web Design said:
Would be good to come up with an idea that we work on online and make it huge!!! i have beein tring for months to think of a site that people need and want! its so hard and when you research the idea its alreday taken! and some is getting rich from it!

Any ideas that are good i am willing to pictch in my knowlege! PHP, mysql Data base, asp, flash, java! GFX Designer
Haha, thanks. But the hardest part is the idea, from there it's easy.

suz

Sometimes I just browse directories randomly to try and come up with ideas or I look at forums and see what people are talking about and what they're asking about. It's still not easy though! But it's a start.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
I have enough ideas, just dont have the time to develop them all.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There are millions of ideas, it doesnt have to be a new idea, there are tonnes of successful sites in established niches, you just have to do it better than them and get a better ranking in the search engines.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah my ideas are not for anything exactly knew, but the methods of implementation and promotion are different, thats why I would really like to learn programming.

Rapid Web Design

.com to .com.au

Sometimes its good to grap a good us or uk or whatever site and re develope it in an austalian site. some people feel better dealing eith .com.au rather then .com or .uk ect...

i think soccer (football) is on the way up in austalia????

Artoonie

I was actually thinking of a co.nr because its free, but I know I don't like to go to anything but .com so Australians probably feel the same way.

stuluk28

Instead of adding another website to the behemoth of site's already floating around, I'd really like to find some site's that already have a great idea and purpose, but their layout is pathetic and their idea is lost behing bad text, random page breaks, horrible colours and other annoying little things that are out there!

I've found such a site this afternoon, (although I might keep this one to myself for the time being) it's for old RAF members as a way to keep in touch, but the layout was aweful! The idea and purpose is their, and the people to keep it going, but most are old and not very computer savvy. They need a simple clean layout, and navigation in words they're used to and can relate to!

That's my idea anyhow!