I would like to start a web design business but should i focus on mobile site design?

kitson

I would like to start a web design business but should i focus on mobile site design? I am alot better at mobile site design. Also, how much should i charge?

che09

I would like to start a web design business but should i focus on mobile site design? I am alot better at mobile site design. Also, how much should i charge?

Mobile site is indeed getting popular, and since you said it's where you do better then I think you can start there. The charge, well it depends on a lot of factors such as time,and the design itself and more!

Janja

Why are you better at mobile website design? I mean, don't you use html? If so it shouldn't be too hard for you to adapt to "full websites", right?
Anyway, I recently have been building mostly responsive designs, which scale to the device a visitor is useing. See a sample by resizing your browser here: http://designbyjanja.com/JewelryDesigner

I think, you should invest the time to learn (check out lynda.com) something like that, because I'm not sure how much money businesses are willing to spend on a mobile site. I currently charge around $550 because I think that is the most somebody would spend for it.
When I started my business, I checked prices of compeditors in my area and went with the cheapest pricing until I had enough work to keep me busy.

I guess the theory is: if the work gets more then your time, that's when you raise your prices.

Edge

I think mobile web site design is a good idea - it immediately creates a niche for you and sets you apart from bog standard web companies ina growing sector. If you want to know how to charge then ring up some competitors and pretend to be a potential customer and ask how much they charge.

bcee

Why not offer both? You can always refer a web project that is too complex to someone else.