I would like to have some comment about my website.

AnishaTiczon

I have created this Web Development blog site with several articles based on my own work experience in the industry for more then a decade. I am really curious to get the feedback on the site regarding following things

1. Design of the site
2. Quality of articles
3. The logo
4. Any other distracting things on site.

Site URL : http://www.fromdev.com

I am not an artist and understand that having a good looking site is really important, however I can not tell if its good looking until some people review and tell me how it looks. I have asked my wife to tell her opinion and she does not like the colors on the site and the logo.

I personally think it has a lot of scope of improvement but have limited creativity and knowledge of making it beautiful. So feel free to suggest options for building a beautiful site too.

I dont mind harsh feedback, you can be rude to me and say this site sucks, however I would appreciate if you be honest and could tell me what are the things you do not like about it being so.

Thanks for reading this.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes there is actually no "logo"

also must say it's been a VERY long time since I've seen a website with a <head> that goes for 1070 lines. in fact I don't think I have EVER seen a site with such a bloated head.

IN FACT, I find it incredibly hard to believe that you can work in this industry for a DECADE and STILL place your css in the head. the mind simply boggles at that...

before considering your deficiencies in design I'd address your sloppy coding technique first and foremost.

185 Errors, 148 warning(s)
and that's just the home page.

if you want some pointers with design...
less is more

always always always...

I don't think I have seen that many span tags in all my life.. and a decade???? I must be better than I thought.

Last edited:

Discovermypath

I think your site is a bit wide... People using 1024/768 screen resolution will have to scroll right to see the entire page. I know not that many people use 1024/768 screen resolution anymore, but I feel it is better to try to make as many people happy as you can.

You are using a lot of outdated techniques as far as your code goes. You are using 'Blogger', probably be better to code your site yourself.

Also what everyone else has mentioned.

There is a lot of little tweaks here and there you could do, but I'm sure that your site serves it's purpose. You can make it a lot better though, if you wanted to put in the time.

chrishirst

Staff member
I know not that many people use 1024/768 screen resolution anymore

Not true. netbooks, pad or tablet computers and many other devices have a 1024x768 display size.

There are probably far more people using 1024x768 displays now, than there was in the "pre Windows XP" times.

Typhon Designs

you should really think about using 980 width. I know lots of devices are larger but right now websites are making a huge push towards mobile.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should really think about using 980 width. I know lots of devices are larger but right now websites are making a huge push towards mobile.
and 980 works better on a mobile because?