I need

rastabloke

Hope this helps on your web design questions

It would help to get Adobe Dreamweaver and Fireworks. They have thirty day trials. From there you can simply look up your questions on google video.

Good Luck

Rastabloke
http://www.anavonweb.com

Last edited by a moderator:

specialk

I would go to godaddy and get yourself a .info for 1 dollar and hosting for 4 dollars a month, this would get you online for about 5 dollars. You then can learn as you go, this is the best way to do it, I think.

rastabloke

Without getting into the infamous "code vs WYSIWYG" discussion... horrorshow75 is partially right. To design a website correctly, even at its most basic level, you need to pay your dues with the code. That being said, Dreamweaver and other programs can be very useful tools and can increase the learning curve a bit.

Rastabloke
http://www.anavonweb.com/index.html

Last edited by a moderator:

horrorshow75

Without getting into the infamous "code vs WYSIWYG" discussion... horrorshow75 is partially right. To design a website correctly, even at its most basic level, you need to pay your dues with the code. That being said, Dreamweaver and other programs can be very useful tools and can increase the learning curve a bit.

Rastabloke
SEO

I agree that they can be useful, however I know how to use a wrench doesn't mean i can fix a car.

Tools are useless if you don't at least know the basics.

Anyone can point and click a website together doesn't mean they know how to build a site.

Last edited:

CotswoldD

Hi but if the tools enable you to build a great looking site that gets results on search engines does that make it wrong.

hands up i use tools to build sites, i do not know coding what so ever, BUT i know what looks nice, when a site is easy to navigate.

I wish i could write from scratch but only if i was able to charge large fees.

Kindest regards pete

horrorshow75

I'm not saying it's wrong but if your are just starting out why not learn the code. Not to mention a lot of wysiwyg programs output bloated code that doesn't follow web standards.

My point is if you really want to LEARN how to create a website. Then you should study the underlying engine not the tool.