I need some advise!

TRICKORMATE

Well this is my first post and i'm glad i found this website..

here's my question...

First of all I work for the Worlds Largest Computer training company in the world..

We teach from turning on a computer to programing etc.

I have access to any training I want for free..

My question..

I would like to take advantage of that and I would like to know what classes should i take to get into building sites..

is there still money in that? or should I get some Microsoft Certs?

Thanks in advance.

TRICKORMATE

let me explain why I'm asking the question.

I have been with this company for about 6 months and im an account executive so all this is new to me.

so your advise is appreciated.

adamblan

Learn the languages, not the software... You should start with HTML & CSS, then move on to javascript to get a handle on programming logic. Once you've got your client side down, then look into using either php or asp.NET (or Ruby) to interact with MySQL...
Microsoft does more harm than good on the internet (F*CK IE & FrontPage!!!), so forget about the MS certs unless you're trying to SysAdmin...

hth-
Adam

horrorshow75

Based on what you're asking these are the 4 relevant courses out of all those.

Web Design and Usability Techniques (Second Edition)
Web Design with XHTML, HTML and CSS: Level 1
Web Design with XHTML, HTML, and CSS: Level 2
Web Design with XHTML, HTML, and CSS: Level 3
Web Development with CSS

I didn't see any programming languages (JS, PHP, etc) unless they are listed under something other than web design.

The rest of the web design courses seem to circulate around the actual tools (software). Knowing your way around Dreamweaver doesn't really help if you have no knowledge of basic web standards.

specialk

Microsoft certs are always a plus, pretty much anywhere you would be looking for employment in the computer industry. However the web design certifications will only help you out at a few places.

I would get the A+ cert, one Microsoft and one Cisco and you would have a well rounded marketable knowledge base.

TRICKORMATE

Microsoft certs are always a plus, pretty much anywhere you would be looking for employment in the computer industry. However the web design certifications will only help you out at a few places.

I would get the A+ cert, one Microsoft and one Cisco and you would have a well rounded marketable knowledge base.

Thank you for the advise.