I need help!

angelicaclaire

I'm am pretty new at all this webdesign stuff and I had a website on www.wordpress.com. I used 45 dollars on a theme I thought I could use on wordpress.com but I need to download it, but I don't know how to connect to fillezilla because it wont work. I'm not sure what I have done wrong. I tried to make a domain on dreamhost but nothing seems to work for me. Is there anyone who can help me? I would gladly pay some money to get some help, or else the 45 dollars would be wasted and that would suck.

Angelica:)

shovenose

Banned
You can not use a custom theme with WordPress.com because it is a fully hosted blog solution. You need to do one of two things:
1. Find a hosting company that includes Wordpress as a 1-click install option from the cPanel
2. Download the latest version from WordPress.org and upload it to any web host of your choice that supports PHP and MySQL.

JakClark

OK if that is the case, why is there a support document that explains HOW to have a custom theme on wordpress hosted blogs?

Because he said so - my goodness Chris, you should know these people by now ;-)

@ the person who claims WP.com blogs are 'un-themeable'. Don't be soft, I cannot count how many sites the guys at our agency have stuck on WP. Typically those who were already hosted there.

Before I say something possibly stupid, I always like to check with my friend Google first. Maybe you should speak to him too!

chrishirst

Staff member
Because he said so - my goodness Chris, you should know these people by now ;-)

I know, but I keep hoping that some day one of them may actually do some basic research before declaring their "wisdom" to the waiting world.

Every forum should have "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than it is to speak out and remove all doubt" emblazoned across the top of every page. :D

Last edited: