I need critique on my website redesign project!!!

sjames853

im new to web design but it seems the red lettering on your drop down nav menu is a bit hard to see on the black back ground.

Phreaddee

Super Moderator
Staff member
to be honest I dont really like where you are going with the redesign.
the original is at least sharp, all font and images on the redesign are all fuzzy.

and its messy code! why is it that almost every single WP user cannot write clean code?!?!

If you are going to do a redesign, then step up to the plate and offer something great. as it stands it looks like you are just reinventing the same old tired wheel. what does the redesign offer that the original doesnt?

Last edited:

Matthew3man

Prefer the original

I've got to say buddy, I prefer the original. To be honest though you should just code your own template from scratch - but get a unique thought through concept designed first.

Sllen Scott

The new site has cleaner lines. But the banner looks a bit amateur. You might want to try a different font to make it stand out.

bermuda

The new site naturally looks better and cleaner, uncluttered let's say but when I clicked the link, my browser blocked a pop-up ad, and you should consider switching that off because unwanted graphical ads are among reasons why many visitors leave the sites quickly. The drop-down menus you have used have a pure black background that I guess is not that great and you may consider having that replaced with a dark brown or blue background which looks more appealing on browsers.

Since you have managed to win some sponsorships, by moving the ads towards higher spots on the homepage and moving the other sections like, latest Tweets to the lower parts, your advertisers too will become more happy.

I-design

Well for new web site the header text is har to atch and extremly hard to read...You colud add some background behind it or change font color or at least remove red flames from it...

Sllen Scott

The new site naturally looks better and cleaner, uncluttered let's say but when I clicked the link, my browser blocked a pop-up ad, and you should consider switching that off because unwanted graphical ads are among reasons why many visitors leave the sites quickly. The drop-down menus you have used have a pure black background that I guess is not that great and you may consider having that replaced with a dark brown or blue background which looks more appealing on browsers.

Since you have managed to win some sponsorships, by moving the ads towards higher spots on the homepage and moving the other sections like, latest Tweets to the lower parts, your advertisers too will become more happy.

Yeah, the sponsors section needs to be moved in order to make way for other stuff. Or you can reduce them in size so that they are not hogging all that space.