I got bored and learnt Flash, what do you think?

kiko_friendly

Okay, so last night I decided to learn Flash. I opened up Flash Professional 8 and played around with the tools, and scratched my head over the funny jargon written in certain areas. After about twenty minutes, I'd make an animated layout for a website, that had no links or anything.

I decided that it was too complicated and started to play with something basic, and I was determined to figure out how to link one part of the movie to the other. When I eventually found the correct thing, the "goto" think and the whole scene deal, I was over the moon. Because I just effectively taught myself Flash overnight. It's amazingly easy and I love it! I mean, there is so much I need to learn, like what a lot of funny symbols mean and such.

When I get this site working properly, I'll try to code it to work in all browsers. No point coding a website that doesn't work properly, is there?

Anyways, I have some troubles with a few links, for an unkown reason. I mean, they look fine and everything seems to look like it should work, but it just doesn't. My arse is numb from being online all day, so I can't be bothered to work it out tonight.

I love the way that it tells people not using IE to use IE, though. That's not a nifty Flash trick, just some text with a white box covering it, which doesn't actually show in Firefox therefore revealing the text. So it's covered in IE. Hehehe. I was proud of that. There are more problems, though.

Anyways, what do you think of my 2nd Flash production, ever? Is it good, bad or okay for a second production? Tata.

http://www.freewebs.com/kiko_friendly/blue/blue.html

ISDProductions

good job, I remeber when I was learning flash I felt the same way, its really exciting to see your creations come alive. One tip I can give you to really make the animation run smoother is to increase your FPS (frames per second) to around 28-30. Also, remember with using flash 8 that everyone who has a previous flash player installed will not be able to view it without a download, so try and export your movies as atleast flash 6 or so for a while till the majority of people update. If you want help with anything just ask, I've been using flash for about 8 years so I can probaly answer most questions you have. Keep at it