Hypnotherapy site- what do you think?

steve_h75

Hello everyone,

I have nearly finished a hypnotherapy site (based in the UK). There are a few things that I need to do before I can say it's finished but I thought I'd get the opinion of a few fellow web designers for any improvements / recommendations.

There are a few things that I know needs attending to, but I'd like some feedback 1st.

Also out of interest how much money would fellow designers charge for this site? The client only supplied the logo albeit it was contained in a PDF and needed touching up. I just wanted to get some feedback to see if i'm pricing right.

Many thanks for any feedback given.

Steve.

VeryConscious

Underlined text which isn't a link = the worst web design mistake ever.

Sorry to be blunt but it's a complete nightmare as far as usabilty is concerned.

I've just done a site for a hypnotherapy company and charged around £300 (CSS, XHTML, graphics, design, PHP based contact form, video integration)

steve_h75

VeryConscious said:
Underlined text which isn't a link = the worst web design mistake ever.

Sorry to be blunt but it's a complete nightmare as far as usabilty is concerned.

I've just done a site for a hypnotherapy company and charged around £300 (CSS, XHTML, graphics, design, PHP based contact form, video integration)

Thanks for the input. I guess I assumed that the underlined words that weren't links were easily recognised as non-links. However you did have a point, I have made a few changes, which I think does help somewhat.

Regarding costs £300 seems very reasonable, how many pages?

VeryConscious

It was only half a dozen pages and they didn't really change in terms of the design, so once we'd agreed on the aesthetics, it was really a question of arranging the info and dropping it all in.

Had they wanted different graphics/design for each page (different header images for example) I would've charged more towards £500 cos it's more concept work and would take longer (both for designing and for them to proof).

They were an absolute dream to work with though, which made everything a lot easier!

Regarding the underlined text, web users are conditioned to think that underlined text is a link. It's one of the great conventions of web design.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The quality of the text logo needs to be improved, the white background is fuzzy. Also I would get rid of the animations on the right hand side of the page.

maxwolfe

I like the overall design but am reminded of several years ago when designers would put several animations in a page...I find them distracting and think the most important thing these days is the delivery of quality information. I agree with Ian about the quality of the logo, it does look a little fuzzy.

I do like the overall design though, clean and refreshing.

All the best Rob