html problems

jtlee

hi im new and have been having problems creating websites using html. i have watched videos and read tutorials on how to do this. i understand the part about writing the different codes i just cant get them to save the right way for them to open in a internet browser and show what i have created so far. any help would be i want to peruse a career in web design because it really interests me.

jtlee

by the way i am just trying to use notepad right now before i spend a lot on this. i just want to make small sites for now. i did download komodo edit though

jtlee

i am planing on going to one of the schools near me i just want to get a jump on what i will be doing. thank you though.

amorrisweb

A great resource to start learning is www.w3schools.com. Their tutorials are great for beginners and they teach a variety of languages. It sounds like you aren't saving your notepad files with the correct extension. When you save your document add .html to the end for example if you call it homepage then save it as homepage.html. Then when you open the file right click and choose open with -> (select your web browser). Then it should view as an html page rather then a text file. Also make sure in your document that you begin and end with <html> and </html> respectively putting all your content in between to make sure it as recognized as an html document. Hope this helps!

n1c0_ds

First of all, use Notepad++

Second, you are pretty much asking us to teach you something ridiculously easy to find with a simple Google search.

Go there: http://www.tizag.com/ and learn.

This job is pretty much 100% looking up stuff on Google, so learning to properly search for help is a great tool you'll use all your life. ;)