html pages changes with screen resolution

imdragonwarrior

hi guys
i am beginner in photoshop web designing, i have created a html file using photoshop cs3 and it works well with a small bug,the problem is the html page size chages with respect with the screen resolution for example i created the file with the dimension 1005x700(image resolution) and wen it is viewed in 1024x768(screen resolution) it is perfect, but wen i change my screen resolution to 1152x864 there is huge gap in the left side of the page, i have tried chaning the html code with percentage this stuff thuis works only in internet explorer but doesnt work with firefox , what i need is the html file dimension must not changed with respect to the screen resolution,it must be some sort of fixed image resolution always.please help me.......

thank u

voodish

lol!

----
We will help though "imdragonwarrior" it's just difficult to without the code at our disposal, cheers.

starteasy

Sounds like you need a wrap table or div tag to contain all the elements. I used to have that issue when I first started, and was using tables. I just created a table with 1 column by 1 row which is the same width as the photoshop file. Then I put all the other tables inside it, using it as a contraint on width.

It also sounds like you are slicing and exporting from PS3. Good for making the image files, bad for using it as a standalone process for html. I usually use PS3 to slice and export image files for the site. Then I manually make the tables/css in html ensuring that all cells have width values (dont enter High values!).

Hope that helps. All CSS coding ive seen use a wrap div.

RAJO

Optimize for 1024x768, which is currently the most widely used screen size. Of course, the general guideline is to optimize for your target audience's most common resolution, so the size will change in the future. It might even be a different size now, if, say, you're designing an intranet for a company that gives all employees big monitors.
Do not design solely for a specific monitor size because screen sizes vary among users. Window size variability is even greater, since users don't always maximize their browsers (especially if they have large screens).
Use a liquid layout that stretches to the current user's window size (that is, avoid frozen layouts that are always the same size).