HTML page vertical alignment help

JAndcIW

ON my website I amworking on (keep in mind its not done when you view it) the content does does not align correctly when it loads, especially on the contact us , and cars for sales pages and when you click on the cars for sale. It sometimes loads right and sometimes doesnt, I guess it is a problem with the verticall algnment, i added a valgin=top to a few of the pages but not all just to test it to see if it could fix the problem but it hasnt.... It is a simple HTML page. I thought maybe it needs something in the css, but im not sure. When the pages load it will all load at like the center sometimes but not always, then like maybe awhile later straighten itself out. Any help is great thanks1 Keep in mind, I know a good amount of HTML (4) but not everything when answering! (bassicly my HTML skills is just what is shown on the page) thanks! :confused: :)

Last edited:

wetgravy

first, seperate your css into a seperate .css file and have it load with every page (makes for easier editing to the site as a whole)

second, you have text issues (text goes right to the edges on the left or right) play with the padding fields to eliminate that.

As for the valignment issues ... i'm not seeing them so I would just delete your browsers cache on your computer and see if it's just not loading the current files and trying to load the older working files from previous versions.

Font and graphics ... i like papyrus font myself ... but on small buttons because of the ragged edge it makes them just look blurry, i would go with something a little less grungy and go with something crisper. Also, avoid the red to white gradient ... with rgb it just goes to pink and it never really looks right, especially with a straight gradient. (also, with black and red they tend to not pop so well unless you introduce something to seperate them just a little ... i would try adding a stroke of white around the font so it stands out more and makes it pop wildly.) Also with the banner top, try using a circular gradient to try and create some movement. Also some subtle textures (around 5-10% opacity) help a lot.

arminium

instead of padding the whole cell, which requires hacks, set margins for you <p> tags etc, and maybe set them to justify to neaten it up

NOTE: margin order is top, right, bottom, left when put togther like this
#p{
Margin:0px 10px 0px 10px;
text-align:justify;
}

wetgravy

it wouldn't require any extensive hacking ... he has a class for his content area. class="whitecontentboxcenter" :-\ he would just have to do one tag in his styles and have padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px; then he won't have to remember to do </p> to stop his entire page from getting padded and messed up..

arminium

all the <p> tags on that page seemed to be closed ok, padding is a cross browser issue in some instances, either way "what is with worrying about possibly closing tag all about" thats like saying don;t start the car just in case you forget to turn it off and it will run out of fuel while your watching the footy!!!! LOL,