Html Email Help

Grafiti4u

Hi! I have searched and searched looking for a simple answer to this question. Is there one? All I want to do is create a simple HTML newsletter, and send it out in an email. I see ASP Smart Mailer, but I don't use ASP. And I see things to buy to send out these HTML emails, such as Advanced HTML Editor 2? I also see services out there that will also send out your emails - but I
I don't understand why sending out HTML in emails is such a 'complicated task'.

The only way I found to do this on my own is to create my HTML document in DWMX, then open it in Word and send it that way. This is fine, but the code WORD adds is ridiculous! And then when I test this email in OUTLOOK, it looks great. But if I try to forward it along, all the tabs screw up.

I don't use ASP, just plain and simple HTML. Is there a simple way to send out my simple Dreamweaver MX HTML document in emails other than using WORD, ASP or buying additional software or a special service plan?

Thanks for any help!
Kristi

StephanieCordray

Well, sending out an html newsletter shouldn't be a problem, however, if you have a large mailing list you could run into problems.

Rather than a possibly expensive asp program, why not try a php alternative? I don't know what your hosting situation is but if you have a good host, there may be a list of applications (free to use) that can be installed from your control panel. There are several php apps that will set up the newsletter in html form with php on the back end.

drummondjacob

If you're using any breed of Outlook, including express, there should be a 'code view' option hidden somewhere in the compose window. Simply open code view and paste your Dreamweaver code in.

NOTE: all stylesheets must be internal, otherwise receivers' clients will not be able to read it.

From this point onwards, you can simply send it as a normal email. Bulk or not.

DLPerry

You can also save the document locally as html, open your favorite email client (Eudora, Outlook, etc.), compose the email and include the saved .html document as an attachment.
If the recipient's email client settings permit automatic displaying of html email - they will see the html document...if not, they will see a link to download the document (or something similar - email clients differ somewhat)

Not necessarily the best option, but an option nonetheless. :)

thrive

Try this

First off, a lot of people using mailing scripts, which introduces problems. Your web server's information won't be the same as your smtp server, and this will show up in the e-mail's MX record. This will then be picked up as spam and removed by most anti-spam programs.

If you're only sending a few of these, you can create a clean html e-mail and save it locally. Then use Outlook's web toolbar to open your local page. Then use Actions -> Send page by e-mail.

Remember that images must reside on a public server so recipients can get them, and don't use these tags (just the body of the html):

html
head
body

mattkimmel

You could also use a perl script to send emails from a text file list of email addresses. This also runs the risk of being recognized as spam depending on your server's perception by the isp's and the number of emails you'll be sending over time.

South Dakota Website Design