how was this template made?

aenox

I was wondering how the light motion background effect in this template: http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/24017.html was done. Is it a looping movie that was loaded up in flash? Also, when the mouse moves over a link, is the effect a movie again or pure flash? Can this template be created just by using photoshop and flash ? If not what software would I need to create a similar template?
thanks

Last edited:

PixelPusher

Super Moderator
Staff member
my guess, this is all flash and photoshop. look into swf decompilers, that may help you understand the guts of it. Plus what does it cost to buy? I know that TM is pretty well priced...around $100? maybe less? You could purchase the temp and learn something new, plus modify it to your liking. win win situation

Horesh-Studios

Hi there,

by using a swf decomplier you can learn a lot of how it was created, you can use some programs to get the swf of the websites, some programs that will do that would be swf downloaders, or offline browsing software or you can even look up the swf in your browser file history folder.

once you have the file, save it again somewhere on your computer where it will be easier for you to access. and you can use a decomplier softer such as sothink - swf decomplier to generate a .fla file, open the file with adobe Flash and here you go.

The designer of this template probably used a combination of software in order to create the layout of this templates and the graphics in there such as adobe photoshop, illustrator, and flash.

most of the animation effects were most likley created using flash action script. again by decompiling the swf you could learn alot of the way this flash website is working.

Good Luck !

LouTheDesigner

Hi there,

by using a swf decomplier you can learn a lot of how it was created, you can use some programs to get the swf of the websites, some programs that will do that would be swf downloaders, or offline browsing software or you can even look up the swf in your browser file history folder.

once you have the file, save it again somewhere on your computer where it will be easier for you to access. and you can use a decomplier softer such as sothink - swf decomplier to generate a .fla file, open the file with adobe Flash and here you go.

The designer of this template probably used a combination of software in order to create the layout of this templates and the graphics in there such as adobe photoshop, illustrator, and flash.

most of the animation effects were most likley created using flash action script. again by decompiling the swf you could learn alot of the way this flash website is working.

Good Luck !

What magical decompiler are you using?

Flash decompilers are TERRIBLE in my opinion. SoThink SWF (The full version) couldn't even decompile the simplest of SWF's. Oh yea, and the actionscript that they spew out is so rudimentary that it sometimes won't even work.

wetgravy

First off, the background isn't moving with alot of effort. They only made the graphic and applied some warps to make it sort of jiggle. Most of the site loading is coming from the complex mouse over transitions. But as it is ... just get flash and learn it if you want to make flash sites ... you can do similar in photoshop and illustrator but they won't be interactive like a flash made flash site nor will they be small at all.

aenox

thanks for all the replies guys.
Does anyone know how the moving background in this flash website was done?

I ve seen similar ones and it appears that most are just video files being looped, not shape tweens, so I am assuming it has to be done exernally =(
Can someone please tell me which software can create such motion effects?

thanks a lot in advance