How to save files for a mac?

misstheresa2009

Hi! I created some photoshop and illustrator files for someone who has a mac computer. The trouble is, I'm not sure how to name these files. Should I use something like MacDrive?

Thanks!:)

chrishirst

Staff member
The only difference is that Mac OS and Linux do not actually need file extensions to idetermine what the content type of the file is. A JPEG Image could be called filename.jpg, filename.jpeg, jpeg.filename, filename.txt or just filename and it would not cause a problem with identifying the application to open it with. It is only M$ Windows that requires file extension to application mapping.

1seo

Also, if you are transferring on a hard drive, you need it to be in FAT32 format not NTFS

Daniel Dixon

The only difference is that Mac OS and Linux do not actually need file extensions to idetermine what the content type of the file is. A JPEG Image could be called filename.jpg, filename.jpeg, jpeg.filename, filename.txt or just filename and it would not cause a problem with identifying the application to open it with. It is only M$ Windows that requires file extension to application mapping.

Thanks for sharing the valuable information to us. It will be helpful to me.

Eugene Hill

Great piece of information!