How to ... Online Testing

bigblue77

I am very new to designing websites, and it has fallen upon me to design a website for the organization I belong to. Right now I have a very pleasing web page I have been running locally but it is pretty basic. What would I need to add an online testing feature that would send the results to me or other authorized administrator? I was thinking of starting out using java based programing and later moving on to flash ( to have more of a pleasing visual feel to it). Outside of the obvious programs (such as Adobe's programs) what would I need to begin. Also, are there any web sites that can give a brief tutorial on any of these matters?
Any helps or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks ;)

StephanieCordray

I've always liked http://www.webmonkey.com for basic learning. They will have some javascript tutorials there, too... basically they have some tutorials on just about everything. If there aren't enough Flash tutorials there to get you started, Adobe should have a tutorials section on their site.

zkiller

Super Moderator
Staff member
FYI, java and javascript are not the same thing.

javascript is a client side scripting language, which can be used to verify forums and other various little tricks.

java is an actual progaming language, which can be used to create full scale applications. on the web it is either used for servelets or in the form of jsp. jsp is a server side scripting language comparable to asp, php and a few others. server side scripting languages can be used to connect to databases or send emails as well as many other things.

most modern web sites use a combination of server and client side languages to achieve the best possible results.